Welcome to the Kanawa Restaurant & Mayan Bar
For Delicious and Homemade Cuisine
At Rodney’s Wellness Retreat we open our doors to locals and travelers who want to enjoy a delicious lunch or dinner in our open-air Kanawa Restaurant. Surrounded by nature in CarRod’s Garden, you are sure to enjoy the sound of birds flying around and the beautiful view of Morne Plat Pays.
We cook delicious homemade meals with local and fresh ingredients. Take your time to drink your Kanawa punch or your local fresh juice at Mayan Bar while your meal is being prepared.
- Regular Lunch Menu + Traditional local broth on Saturday
- Dinner (a la carte)
When visiting Soufriere, Kanawa Restaurant & Mayan Bar are the ideal stop to get a local drink or a delicious lunch or dinner. At our restaurant and bar, you dine surrounded by nature. We also provide a healthy reasonably-priced breakfast for guests staying in our Cottages or Campgrounds.
Opening Hours: From Tuesdays to Sundays – 10:00 am – 10:00 pm. Closed Mondays. Reservations highly recommended
COVID Protocols: Dominica maintains relatively low incidences of the COVID-19 virus. Now as we welcome diners, let us advise you of our dining protocols designed to ensure we remain safe.
- We reorganized our tables to ensure each dining party is at least 1 to 3 meters (3 to 6 feet) apart.
- Sanitizing stations are located throughout the restaurant and bar.
- We sanitize diners and guests upon entering the property. Additionally, we do temperature checks upon entry.
- We sanitize all tables and chairs after each guest.
- Our menus are posted on menu boards and are viewable on our website.
- We are enforcing reservations, particularly during the busy season to avoid overcrowding.
For more information on current national COVID-19 protocols, visit the Discover Dominica Authority website by clicking here